I did it!
In the original series . . .
The Chipettes were born in Australia and orphaned as babies, but were adopted by a young orphan named Olivia who lived in an orphanage owned by a cruel woman named Miss Grudge. The girls matured, seeing as they were able to walk as infants, and they were also gifted with lovely singing voices.
When Miss Grudge, who was searching for orphans under her care with good singing voices whom she could exploit, heard that Olivia was secretly raising anthropomorphic baby chipmunks with fantastic singing voices, she hid the little girls from Olivia on the day she was adopted so Miss Grudge could keep the Chipettes and make money off of them. However, the infants escape Miss Grudge's clutches to a ship sailing to the United States, which they have heard about through Olivia.
There, the three young chipmunks take on a series of occupations, all of which do not last for long.
The Chipettes soon see a poster advertising the fact that a hotel in California is calling for singers to perform at it. So the girls hitch a ride to the hotel, where they soon manage to convince a record dealer that they can handle the job and are made into singers, calling their group "the Chipmunks." However, when they run into the original chipmunks - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore - conflicts begin over the name until Alvin and Brittany come up with the name "The Chipettes."
After the conflicts subsided, the Chipmunks and the newly-named Chipettes become fast friends, and the Chipettes go to live in a well-furnished tree house and are sent to school with the Chipmunks. However, the school officials soon find out that the girls live alone and are ready to have them reported to an orphanage unless they may be adopted soon. Brittany tries to pose as the mother of the group, only to have the attempt fail.
When Dave decides to take them in, things, rather than going smoothly, go anything but. The two groups constantly bicker. However, Miss Beatrice Miller, Dave's neighbor and the Chipmunks' babysitter, decides to adopt the Chipettes and lets them into her home. At first, the Chipettes and their new guardian have a rough relationship due to Miss Miller's old-fashioned tastes and rules (for example, she at first would not let them go to school unless their skirts went down to their ankles), but they later got along better when the Chipettes learned that she shared their love for music and showing off.
Jeanette's first appearance to the public was on March 4, 1983. She and her sisters had been making a recording (with the title "Songs From Our TV Shows") for quite some time, and decided to release it to the world on that particular date. Since then, Jeanette Miller and her sisters have become world-wide hits.
("Songs From Our TV Shows" is only available in record form, and is not available in any other form as of 2012.)
Janice Karman does Jeanette's singing and talking voice in this movie.
In the 2009 film . . .
Ian Hawke lives in the basement of JETT Records. He is at a low point in his life. His hobbies include talking to rats and trying to teach squirrels to sing.
While at school, the Chipmunks are bullied by jocks and visit the principal's office. They discover that the principal is a huge fan and that she wants them to help raise money for a music program (for the school) by participating in a contest. Meanwhile, Ian is shocked to find the Chipmunks on the front page of his newspaper. After throwing the paper out, he brushes his teeth in the fountain outside the place where he's staying. He suddenly hears little squeaky voices, and thinks he's hallucinating. When he finds out it's really the Chipettes, he immediately takes them in under his wings (with the attitude to manipulate them later in life) and enrolls them in school. (Shortly after introducing themselves, Jeanette says she never wanted to be named Jeanette, but 'Olivia' instead. This is a reference to the original series, because Olivia was the name of the Chipette's care-giver.)
When the Chipmunks meet the Chipettes, they fall for their counterparts, but are soon forced to have a rivalry after discovering that they are with Ian.
Soon, the Chipettes are hired. The concert is on the same night as the school contest, so Ian decides to blow off the battle and make the Chipettes perform at the new concert, opening for Britney Spears. When the Chipettes refuse, Ian locks them in a cage.
Alvin finds out about this, so he races off to rescue them while Simon tells Jeanette how to open the cage with Dave's phone. The Chipettes manage to escape with Alvin, and they arrive just in time to perform at the contest. The Chipmunks and the Chipettes perform together and both groups win money for the school. Dave returns during the contest (after being hospitalized for something stupid Alvin did to him). After the contest, he allows the Chipettes to stay with them.
Jeanette doesn't really have any solos in this particular film. She mostly sings back-up (with her younger sister Elenor) for her older sister Brittany.
Anna Faris does Jeanette's singing and talking voice in this movie.
In the 2011 film . . .
Dave is getting ready to go on a cruise with the Chipmunks and Chipettes. Jeanette and Simon, along with Brittney, Elenor and Theodore, perform a re-done version of "Vacation", Jeanette having one short solo, and singing backup for the entire song, Brittney as lead, and Elenor having one lengthy solo.
While on the cruise, all of the chipmunks and chipettes decide to have some fun and dance on a well-oiled floor. Theodore and Elenor start off the dancing, spinning and twirling very nicely. Alvin and Brittney don't dance together, but apart. Jeanette starts to dance, but just as she's coming out of a spin, she starts to fall. Simon catches her, and they briefly lock eyes. Simon quickly lets go, causing both him and Jeanette to fall over.
Later that evening, Dave tells the 'munks and 'ettes to stay in their room and watch movies. Theo is the only one who obeys.
Simon goes after Alvin, who has gone to the clubs to gamble.
Brittney, Elenor, and Jeanette go to a different club to dance. But when Brittney is challenged to a dance-off, Jeanette and Elenor back her up not only as dancers, but as singers as well. Jeanette (yet again) sings the entire backup part of the song, with Elenor helping a tad bit with the harmonics.
After Dave finds out about the Chipmunks and the Chipettes masquerades around the cruise, he outlaws them from going anywhere. The only thing he allows them to do is play shuffleboard. While playing, Simon jokingly says, "10% shuffle, 90% board". Jeanette laughs at his dry humor, and says, "That was funny, Simon." Simon is shocked to hear someone actually liking his jokes, and stutters a bit in reply. "You...you..you really think so?"
Alvin is quickly bored with the game, and decides to go off and play with a kite. The Chipettes and Theo decide to play too. Simon grumbles to himself about him being the one who "Always gets Alvin out of trouble". He grabs the end of the twine and wraps it around a chair that Dave is sleeping in. Shortly afterwards, the kite pulls Simon (along with Dave) across the entire boat. Dave awakes only after the Chipmunks and Chipettes are pulled into the sky. He stares at them, determined to find them and get them back.
A couple minutes later, Theo and Elenor are complaining about not having enough food and that they're going to starve to death. Jeanette quickly points out that you can die from quite a few things and not only starvation. She lists starvation, sunstroke, and heatstroke; but before she can go on, Elenor spies the island and says "Island!" Jeanette, still thinking about things that could kill you, replies, "No, an island is actually quite helpful. If you see one, you should most definitely point it out." Brittney rolls her eyes, and says, "Jeanette? There's an island over there." Jeanette looks, and nods her head. "Oh."
After being on the island, fighting over food, and singing a couple fun songs, the Chipmunks and Chipettes meet Zoey. Zoey is a treasure hunter who has been searching for the lost treasure on this island for 10 years. She cleverly doesn't tell the 'munks and 'ettes about this, however, and just introduces herself as being abandoned on the island. A couple hours later, Simon is bitten by a spider. The spider has a nerotoxin in it that shorts out his brain. He is delusional for only a couple minutes, and then turns into the french-speaking Simone. He will only respond to 'Simone' and never 'Simon'. Simone is quite a bit more fun than Simon, and more like a rambunctuous Alvin.
After dancing with Jeanette, Elenor, and Theodore in the rain, Simone gets Jeanette a beautiful tiara from behind a waterfall, (the tiaria is really a small bracelet), and Jeanette falls in love with not only Simone, but the tiara as well. Alvin, at this point, is extremely annoyed by Simone and realizes that Dave must feel that way about himself. He finally understands that it was his fault that Dave hadn't found them up to that point.
Meanwhile, Zoey plans to kidnap Jeanette because she is the weakest and most shy out of all the Chipettes. She suceeds, and forces her to get her treasure from the cove that Simone found. Jeanette sings a beautiful achapella version of "S.O.S" while she is being forced to get the treasure, in hopes that someone will come and rescue her.
After Jeanette is captured by Zoey, Brittney alerts Simon, telling him that he is "Simone", and even if he's not ENTIRELY made up of Simone, Simone is part of Simon. Simon refuses to believe Brittney, but in the end he goes after Jeanette. He ends up rescuing her with the help of Dave and Alvin.
After a few life and death circumstances with Zoey, Ian, and Dave; everyone gets on the raft and sails off.
Shortly before the Chipmunks and the Chipettes get rescued by a helicopter (to go perform at the Music Awards with the song "Born This Way/Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now/Firework") , Simon tells Jeanette, "You know, Jeanette, even the most perfect gem cannot compare to your beauty."
Anna Faris does the talking voice of Jeanette. It is unkown up to this point who did Jeanette's singing voice.
Things About Jeanette That HAVE NOT Changed Over the Years
1. Jeanette is the tallest of the Chipettes.
2. She has the darkest fur color out of the Chipettes.
3. She has a high amount of intellect which she is often not afraid to use.
4. Her klutzy personality is shown in her outfits, and is often seen with her shoelaces untied, a strap on her dress shoulder crooked, her glasses constantly slipping down her nose, etc., etc.
5. Jeanette Miller can be described as the "absent-minded professor" of the Chipettes. Gifted with extroardinary intelligence, she is often so caught up in the studies of the universe that she forgets the simple matters of life, such as not tripping over her own shoelaces.
6. Despite that she is the eldest of the Chipettes, she is too timid to stand up to her younger yet overly domineering sister, Brittany.
7. She has brown hair. Her hairstyle is a ponytail pulled up nearly to the top of her head, leaving a few whisps of hair to hang down over her eyes.
8. Her signature colors are navy blue, royal blue, and purple.
9. She has very poor vision and is helpless without her glasses.
Things About Jeanette That HAVE Changed Over the Years
1. In the 1980's TV series and the 1983 movie (The Chipmunk Adventure), her eye color was green.
In the 2009 movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel), her eye color was blue.
In the 2011 movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked), her eye color was purple.
2. In the 1980's series and 1983 movie, Jeanette shared a quiet yet romantic relationship with Simon Seville.
In the 2009 movie, she has a crush on Simon, but doesn't voice her feelings.
In the 2011 movie, she has started a relationship with Simon, and enjoys his company very much.
3. In the 1980's series, Jeanette had black glasses.
In the 1983 movie (and all shows and movies after that (up 'til 2009)) Jeanette had light pink glasses.
In the 2009 movie, Jeanette was originally supposed to wear Simon's old glasses. In the end, the producers decided to give her a pair of dark purple glasses instead.
4. In the 1980's series and movie, Jeanette was much less shy than she was in the 2009 movie. She was also less coordinated in the 1980's; in the 2009 film she seems to have no problem with falling down or tripping, and can easily keep up with her sisters when they perform.
5. In the 1980's series and movie, Jeanette had about the same pitch of her voice that her sisters did.
In the 2009 movie, she had a slightly lower voice than her sisters.
In the 2011 movie, she had the lowest voice, hitting even lower notes than Simon (who can sing lowest out of the Chipmunks).
Some questions people have asked me
Name: Jeanette Miller
Nickname: Jen, Jenn, or Jenita (as Alvin likes to call me)
Birthdate: Dunno 'bout the year, but I was born on March 4th.
Birthplace: Somewhere in Australia. But I grew up in the United States.
Height: A little over 13 inches tall.
Hair color: Dark brown
Eye color: Blue-ish Purple
Siblings: Two sisters, both younger than I am. Elenor is the youngest, and Brittney is the second oldest.
Are you a good student? I would consider myself to be. However, Brittney seems to think that I'm better than all the other studens in the classroom. I don't think I entirely agree with her there....
Have you ever been to a different country? Yes! Quite a few, actually. (Check out the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Chipmunk Adventure")
If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Olivia
Who is your best friend? My sisters. If you'd like me to choose one of them....I'm afraid I can't. I love them both equally!
Are you single? Um....well, I really like Simon...Oh, did I just say that out loud?
Do you like to read: Yes, very much!
Name of CD - Year it was released to the public
Number. Title of song - Who sang this originally? - Who sings this on the CD?
Born To Rock - 1991
1. Hangin' Tough - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
2. Express Yourself - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
3. Bad - Michael Jackson - Chipettes and Chipmunks
4. Diamond Dolls - The Chipettes - Chipettes
5. La Bamba - Richie Vallins - Chipetttes and Chipmunks
6. Faith - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
7. Cold Hearted - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
8. I Wanna Dance - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
9. Mony Mony - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
10. Girls of Rock and Roll - The Chipettes - Chipettes and Chipmunks
11. Pink Cadillac - ???? - Chipettes and Chipmunks
Here's Looking At Me - 1994
1. We're the Chipmunks (Alvin and the Chipmunks Theme Song) - The Chipmunks - The Chipmunks
2. Witch Doctor - The Chipmunks - The Chipmunks
3. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper - The Chipettes
4. Let's Go - ???? - The Chipmunks
5. Uptown Girl - ???? - The Chipmunks
6. Beat It - Michael Jackson - The Chipmunks
7. Wooly Bully - The Chipmunks - The Chipmunks and the Chipettes
8. Leader of the Pack - ???? - The Chipmunks
9. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - Dave Seville and the Chipmunks - Dave Seville and the Chipmunks
10. Express Yourself - ???? - The Chipmunks and the Chipettes
11. On the Road Again - Willie Nelson - The Chipmunks
12. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus - The Chipmunks
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Chipmunk Adventure - 1987
1. Chipmunk Adventure Theme - ????
2. I Yi Yi Yi Yi I/Cuanto le Gusta - Alvin, Simon, Theodore
3. Off to See the World - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
4. Weekend in France, Italy, England - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, and Dave
5. The Girls of Rock and Roll - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
6. Flying with the Eagles - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
7. Getting Lucky - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
8. Mexican Holiday - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
9. My Mother - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
10. Wolly Bully - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
11. Diamond Dolls - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel - 2009
1. You Really Got Me - Van Halen - Honor Society, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
2. Hot N Cold - Katy Perry - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
3. So What - PINK! - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
4. You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record) - Dead Or Alive - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
5. Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) - Beyonce - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
6. Bring it On - The Chipmunks - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
7. Stayin' Alive - BeeGees - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
8. The Song - Queensberry - Queensberry, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
9. It's OK - No one knows who originally did this song - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
10. Shake Your Groove Thing - Earth, Wind, and Fire - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
11. Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
12. I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner - Alvin, Simon, and Theodore
13. We Are Family - Earth, Wind, and Fire - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
14. No One - Charice - Charice, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
15. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - 2011
1. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
2. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
3. Trouble - PINK! - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
4. Whip My Hair - Willow Smith - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
5. Vacation - The GoGo's - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
6. We Have Arived - Rae - Rae and Classic
7. Say Hey - Michael Franti & Spearhead and Cherine Anderson - Nomadik, Simon, Theodore, Jeanette, and Elenor.
8. Real Wild Child - Johnny O'Keefe - Nomadik, Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
9. S.O.S. - Rhianna - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
10. We Speak No Americano/Conga - Yolanda Be Cool/Miami Sound Machine - Barnetta DaFonseca, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
11. Survivor - Destiny's Child - Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor. (speaking part by Simon)
12. Born This Way/Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now/Firework - Lady Gaga/McFadden & Whitehead/Katy Perry - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
13. Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida and David Guetta - Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittney, Jeanette, and Elenor.
Websites with info about Jeanette